Saturday, July 11, 2009

DANGER! DANGER, Will Robinson!

the robot from Lost In Space (60s TV series)I'm posting this, with a sense of relief... knowing that my computer is "clean" again (hopefully)! But only an hour ago, a message leapt up onto my screen, screaming that I'd been infected by Trojan.Win32.Agent.azsy. The warning message was from Personal Antivirus and looked just like the warning pages from many of the anti-virus systems available.
BEWARE!! Personal Antivirus IS the virus!
It's an infection from Russia, urging you to download their product to remove the trojan...and by doing that, you give Personal Antivirus access to God knows what! Also while you're contemplating the end of your computer as you know it, another warning will raise the pressure level, warning of infection by W32.Ackantta.B@mm which is supposedly a worm from Malaysia. Nope, it's the same Russian crap again!
Not wanting to purchase a remedy on-line (thus giving the virus my credit card details!), I was able to remove Personal Antivirus by downloading SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition. So far, so good...

No comments: